If you’ve considered visiting Australia before, you might have gotten discouraged after browsing flights and seeing the high flight prices. From Texas to Australia, flights on average start at $1,200. So how did I manage to only pay $300 for nearly 20 hours of flying time and a distance of 8,000+ miles to the other side of the world?
I use my Chase Sapphire Preferred travel credit card to book my travels!
Travel reward credit cards can your best friend when it comes to traveling. I’m sure you’ve heard of them, but do you actually realize what benefits they can provide?
I use my Chase Sapphire credit card for every day purchases. This way, I accrue points that I can later redeem for travel with every dollar I spend. The points then convert to travel money through Chase Rewards for various airlines and hotels.
In addition to the every day points I earn. The sign up bonus points are a one-time award to the card holder – I LOVE THE SIGN UP BONUS.
For my roundtrip from San Antonio, Texas to Sydney, Australia, I used 60,000 Chase points + $300 for the difference in balance to book my flight. Most of those points came from my sign up bonus. Do you see why I love redeeming the rewards?
It’s easy to apply for the card online. My referral link offer includes the following benefits:
- 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards® – No black out dates.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide.
- 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs – meaning I can transfer my miles to other programs if I find a flight through the direct website that requires a lesser amount of miles for booking.
- $0 for the first year, $95 annual fee the following year.
- Subject to cardholder’s credit for approval and Chase’s terms and conditions.
So now you know how I was able to fly across the pond to Australia! I love knowing that every time I use my card, I’m accumulating points to continue to travel the world!
And now you might wonder, what do you go to Australia for?
Here is my travel guru video to show you what’s there to see in Australia!
I create custom travel itineraries in Australia (and to over 40 other countries!) using my personal experiences to help YOU travel and explore more!Learn more about my travel guru service and contact me to get started!
AUSTRALIA IS INCREDIBLE!
Do you dream of visiting the land from down under one day?
I’d be happy to help you make your dreams into a reality and plan out your trip! Here are some of the top highlights of my trip:
- Visit the legendary Sydney Opera House
- See the small penguins at St. Kilda
- Swim at Icebergs in Bondi beach
- Explore the colorful alleys and coffeeshops in Melbourne
- See the Queen Elizabeth Building and Clock in Sydney
- windsurf along the colorful Brighton bathing houses
- Visit the wildlife park to see koalas, dingoes, kangaroos…
- And soooo much more!
Signed after getting settled in our new home in Buenos Aires, Argentina (!),
Salma Travel Guru
3 thoughts on “This is how I flew to Australia paying only $300 (roundtrip!)”
Great post 🙂
Thanks so much! ❤